Let the family know you care by sharing this tribute.
We regretfully announce the passing of Christina Palmisano Urian, 54, of Baltimore, MD. Christina (Chrissy) passed away peacefully on September 20, 2023, surrounded by her immediate family members. She was the devoted wife of Michael (Mike) Urian, 54, and loving mother of daughter Madeline (Maddie) Urian, 22, son John (Jack) Urian, 19, and beloved dog Bohdi (Boh), 9. Chrissy will be deeply missed by all who knew her, as she unforgettably touched countless lives.
Chrissy was a creative, funny, and honest woman who always put the needs of her family and friends before her own. She was extremely strong and faced every challenge in her life with courage and dignity. Chrissy served as a true role model to many, especially her close family members, and she always did the right thing without worrying about what others would think or say. She was extremely passionate about cheering on the Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens, and the Maryland Terrapins, as well as playing golf, listening to music, reading, writing, giving back to the community, caring for Bohdi, and making memories with her loved ones. Chrissy will undoubtedly be missed by everyone whose lives she touched throughout each of her 54 years.
Growing up in the Hamilton area, Chrissy attended St. Dominic Grade School and The Catholic High School in Baltimore, MD. She graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1990, with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism. Following her graduation, Chrissy went on to pursue a career in advertising and eventually landed her dream job with her favorite sports team as Director of Publishing and Advertising for the Baltimore Orioles.
After spending the majority of her life in Baltimore, Chrissy and her family relocated to Fredericksburg, VA, where they lived for twelve years. There, she did more of what she loved: getting involved with school activities and numerous community organizations, playing golf, and spending time with all of her newfound “Virginia family.”
In light of her infectious personality, some fun facts about Chrissy are:
– She attended the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, CA with her brother, Rick, where she gifted Steve Alford the same American flag he held while accepting his gold medal
– She attended multiple Final Four basketball tournaments with her Mom and Dad, Anthony and Marie Palmisano
– She was known to publicly grab a microphone and sing her favorite songs
– She loved to cook Italian meals for her family and friends using her grandmother’s recipes
– She was “Miss Sabatino’s” in Baltimore’s Miss Little Italy Pageant
– She attended the Ravens-winning Super Bowl in New Orleans with her husband, Mike, the year that the power went out in the stadium
– Her favorite symbol was a fleur-de-lis
– She took her daughter, Maddie, to New York City every December to go to Tiffany & Co., see a Broadway show, and visit historical sites
– She and her son, Jack, shared a love for alternative rock music
Chrissy will live on in our hearts and her loved ones will never forget her fierce personality, inspiring intelligence, and contagious smile. Her favorite motto was “onward and upward,” which is what she would like everyone she leaves behind to do – keep living life to its fullest. She is loved beyond words. May she rest in peace.
Georgia Cremation in Duluth is assisting the family with arrangements.