Here at Georgia Cremation, we’ve proudly served countless families throughout the Atlanta area. Over the years, we’ve discovered that many families choosing cremation don’t realize they can hold a memorial service. Not only is it possible to arrange a memorial service before or after the cremation of your loved one, but we strongly encourage families to do so!
A memorial service allows you to gather with friends and family and celebrate your loved one’s special life. It gives everyone an opportunity to share special thoughts and memories and offer each other comfort and support for each other. This service is often the first step in your journey to healing.
To create a truly meaningful memorial service, we at Georgia Cremation encourage families to add special touches that reflect their loved one’s unique personality. Just like with a traditional funeral, there are numerous ways to personalize a cremation memorial service.
Here are five special touches you might consider adding to the memorial service to create an unforgettable tribute for your loved one:
- Photo & Memento Displays: Our caring professionals here at Georgia Cremation can help you put your loved one’s life on display! Whether you choose to include photo collages, special memorabilia, collectibles, medals or trophies, a memento display is the perfect way to commemorate a life well lived.
- Special Music: Many families choose to personalize their loved one’s service with their favorite tunes—whether that may be Billie Holiday, the Rolling Stones or anything in between. We can also help you arrange to have a violinist, bagpipe player, pianist or singer to perform at the service.
- Dove, Balloon or Butterfly Release: Some families choose to release doves, balloons or butterflies before, during or after the service. This is a beautifully symbolic way to “release” your pain and sadness and begin your journey to healing.
- DVD Tributes: Celebrate your loved one’s unique life with a customized DVD tribute. These unique tributes include photos and videos of your loved one accompanied by music, light and graphics. You may show this tribute at the visitation or the service or simply hold onto it as a keepsake.
- Candlelight Ceremony:Keep your loved one’s memory burning brightly with a candlelight ceremony during the service. This ceremony can be accompanied by prayer, music or reflection.
At Georgia Cremation, we are happy to help you arrange these and any other special touches you may wish to include in the memorial service. We’ll do everything in our power to make your loved one’s final farewell truly special. For more information, contact Georgia Cremation today at 678-584-0914!