At Georgia Cremation, we’re always searching for creative and meaningful ways for families to keep their loved one’s memory alive after cremation. In an effort to continually offer the most cutting-edge memorial options, we are proud to announce that we have partnered with DNA Memorial!
DNA Memorial allows your preserve your loved one’s legacy by collecting and banking their DNA. Why would you want to collect your loved one’s DNA? Here are just a few good reasons:
- It allows you to diagnose medical conditions and calculate inherited risks for yourself and your children
- It helps you determine disease risk and potentially take preventative measures
- It allows you measure generational mutation rates
- It help you learn more about your ancestors
- It can help you find lost relatives
During the cremation process, your loved one’s genetic material and historical DNA is destroyed. However, before the cremation, you can now choose to collect their DNA through DNA Memorial. We at Georgia Cremation can walk you through the process and offer you guidance as you make this important decision.
However, DNA Memorial doesn’t just capture and retain your loved one’s DNA—they also offer a variety of extraordinary keepsakes. Here are just a few of the innovative options DNA Memorial offers:
- DNA Home Banking: This is the most economical way to collect and preserve DNA. Through the use of sealed laboratory-grade tubes and a room temperature storage method, this solution ensures your loved one’s DNA remains secure for future use and testing.
- DNA Memorial Custom Pendants: Incorporated with your loved one’s DNA, these uniquely beautiful jewelry pieces allow you to keep their memory alive and close to your heart.
- DNA Secure Home Banking Capsules: Featuring a sleek, modern design, these state-of-the-art capsules are a stylish way to retain your loved one’s DNA. The DNA is securely encased in the capsule, which you can put on display in your home.
- DNA Secure Facility Banking: This option provides you with the peace of mind that your loved one’s DNA will be fully protected. You will receive a certificate of analysis after the sample is received at the DNA Memorial lab. DNA Memorial guarantees ultimate privacy and security and will not test, share or acknowledge the existence of the sample to anyone not listed on your account.
- DNA Custom Memorial Portrait: These beautiful portraits capture the essence of your loved one in the most unique and memorable way. Artist Cassidy Alexander mixes your loved one’s DNA into the paint used to create the portrait.
- Crystal Remembrance: This striking glass art, hand-crafted from the finest tempered crystal, interweaves your loved one’s DNA with a swirl of color. The pieces are available in ten different colors and three sizes.
Want to learn more about these incredibly unique DNA Memorial options? Contact Georgia Cremation today!